CESAR PRINCIPE TINTO 2014

40.00 KYD

131 in stock

SKU: 8437009260005 Categories: , , , Tag:

Winemaker Notes

César Príncipe Crianza is a red wine from Cigales prepared by César Príncipe. This wine is a varietal Tempranillo.

César Príncipe Crianza comes from grapes from three different plots located in Fuensaldaña, Valladolid. The vines are old and they have a very low density.

The harvest is manual, the clusters, once in the cellar, go through a process of complete stripping. A cold maceration is performed for about two days. The resulting juice from this process is subsequently fermented in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature between 28 and 30 degrees.

After the first fermentation of about a week, maceration occurs in contact with the skins for three weeks then undergoes malolactic fermentation in some barrels and the rest in deposits.  Aged in French oak barrels (80%) and American barrels (the remaining 20%) for a period of 14 months. The barrels are renewed and no transfer occurs.

The César Príncipe winery, named after its founder, has 40 acres of old vines with an average age of above 60 years. They are one of the greatest exponents of Cigales.